Mijn lijst met blogs

maandag 7 maart 2011

Starting Over

Starting over in The Netherlands is pretty much the same as if you have to do it in the States. You either keep everything you had from your old life or you take what is important to you and leave the rest behind. In my case, if I was in the States I would have my family and a whole network of really good friends. In the Netherlands I have a small network of really good friends. Thank goodness for them and especially my Dutch bestie Arno. He and his lovely girlfriend Anke will get a great Thanksgiving dinner this year. Most of you reading this will know that I will be just fine on my own. I am a big strong willed gal who definately can take care of herself. Now on with a new start.

Shutting the door to my "in-between" dwelling and to my old life.

This one had to be shut, locked and the keys are in the mailbox for the landlord. The door to my old life is shut!


You know what they say. When one door closes another one opens.
The view from the (balcony) door of my new life.

Now...one of those things that I left behind was an oven. A Southern gal with out an oven is a disaster indeed. However, I still need to paint and put in flooring in my appartment so until I do that I wont be running out for a new oven. I did however take the microwave so I could have some way of heating up some grub for myself. That only took once to think "Yuck, I want fresh food". So I went out today and found myself a little table top grill.
Cute little thing, isnt it?

I can grill with it closed for small meals or....

It opens up flat for bigger meals. I can actually feed company a healthy meal with this thing.

Speaking of healthy, it will help with losing weight because I wont be trying to fix pasta, rice or taters with this thing. Fish and seafood and yummie veggies it is.

Tonights menu....Scallops and Shrimp with grilled courgette, mushrooms and onion slices.

Now off for a nice spring walk in my new neighborhood. I better not forget my camera!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten