Mijn lijst met blogs

zaterdag 16 april 2011

Something a little different...


While making my dinner tonight I thought "Hey, blog this sandwich". That was after I had made the sauce, of course. So further down I will give you a rundown of what is in the sauce.
I eat a lot of Paninis. They are easy, filling and pretty darn healthy (if you make them that way). Recently I saw a Roasted Red Pepper and Chicken panini and decided to use that as a basis for my own vegi version.

I dont do exact measurements....everyone has different tastes..here is what I thought was tasty.....

The sauce:
Put....
 sundried tomatoes in oil (I also used a little of that flavorful oil)
pesto
lemon juice
salt and olive oil

in whatever it is you use to puree such things and blend till roughly fine.
Then mix with mayonaise till it suits your taste

I also mixed up some olive oil and pesto...you'll see why in a minute.......




I sliced up some red onion, roasted red pepper (from a jar, no mess and more flavor, it is one of my cheats), a pepperoncini and grabbed two big ole slices of mozzerella.......


Next I spread two pieces of bread (use your fav) with the yummie sauce......


Then I layered on the peppers, pepperoncini and onion.......


 Topped with cheese and then.......


Instead of butter (because I used a little mayo in the sauce) I brushed the outside with the pesto oil.......


Into my handy little table top grill (use a pan if you need to) it went.....


 A few minutes later I had a yummie, gooey, satisfying sammich!

Make one today, you wont regret it. I know I didn't!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten