Mijn lijst met blogs

zaterdag 18 september 2010

Arriving Holland


March 2 and we jumped 6 hours ahead in time after almost 8 hours of flying, arriving in Amsterdam at 7 am. I slept well on the plane, "my ex" slept well but my son was way too excited to sleep, opting to watch movies the whole flight instead. The dogs were safely boarded in baggage and probably freaking out the whole time but you couldnt see that when we finally got them back in Amsterdam. They were happy to see us and wondering what the heck was going on.

We did not have to apply for residency ahead of time because the laws here are different than in the States. We only had to land and go through customs. We simply had to show our passports and go through the door. We were in Holland and it was COLD! We left 90 degrees in Atlanta and came to about 40 in Holland. A VERY big shock. I ran out the next day to buy gloves and earmuffs! Everyone looked at me like I was nuts, but I was freezing!

On the other side of "the door" the in-laws and friends were waiting. It was a nice warm welcome with lots of happy tears and big hugs. After an hours drive we were finally "home" at my in-laws and the dogs joined two other family dogs. Jeremy went to bed at noon and woke up again at 7 am the next day..missing his whole first day in a new country. While he was sleeping, I went for a walk in the village, rode with my (now ex) mother in law to the grocery and went for a refreshing walk on the beach at the North Sea. Now the adventure really begins.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten